• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice on timeshare/forclosure/deed back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

singlemomof1

I live in TN, bought a timeshare in AR. The timeshare is paid for except for the maint. fees. Collections for timeshare maint. fees want their money as of last week. They offered that I could deed back the property in exchange for back fees owed. When I agreed to that option, a letter was sent asking for money to process some paperwork, which was NOT mentioned in phone calls prior, where I said I would deed back the property. They claim that if I don't deed back the property, they will seek foreclosure. I owe nothing, except for maint. fees. Have done some checking and the property can sell for more than what is owed, but do not want to go that route.
I think they are trying to get money out of me for this paperwork. What are my legal options at this point?

HomeGuru

singlemomof1 said:
I live in TN, bought a timeshare in AR. The timeshare is paid for except for the maint. fees. Collections for timeshare maint. fees want their money as of last week. They offered that I could deed back the property in exchange for back fees owed. When I agreed to that option, a letter was sent asking for money to process some paperwork, which was NOT mentioned in phone calls prior, where I said I would deed back the property. They claim that if I don't deed back the property, they will seek foreclosure. I owe nothing, except for maint. fees. Have done some checking and the property can sell for more than what is owed, but do not want to go that route.
I think they are trying to get money out of me for this paperwork. What are my legal options at this point?
**A: sell the property or hire an attorney to review your contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">