• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advise On Deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Libby Seabolt

What is the name of your state? I live in the state of West Virginia.

I need some advise on my deed for my property. Here is my problem. My husband owes child support and it is in arrears. Child support is taken from his paycheck every pay period. He pays for back child support and does not owe current support.

:mad: Okay. The problem that I have is, child support has put a lein on my property because of my husband. The deed specifies that ..... The party for the second part, my husband, joins in this deed as the husband of the Grantee, me, for the purpose of conveying to the Grantee and forever releasing any and all claimhe may now or in the future have by virtue of his marriage tothe said, me, including all rights of dower or curtsey which, in entering this conveyance, the said, my husband, intemds to extinguish and convey unto the said, me, so that the property hereby conveyed shall be hers free and clear of any right of dower or other interest which he might acquire as her husband. The said, my husband, further hereby releases any rights he may have acquired as the spouse of ,me, under WV law, and waives any right or rights to notice contained in applicable statutes now or hereinafter enacted.

:confused: Now. I need to find out if it was legal for the child support people to do this when this is in the deed when it was deeded in November 8th of 1992. My husband divored his first wife in 1980 or 1981, I'm not too sure.

I would greatly appreciate any information you can send my way. But I feel that they have wronged me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">