• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help immediately! !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

paul40

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I have been in a rental situation with a roommate that I just met about six months ago I have been paying $350 in rent every month without receipts but I have all of my belongings and my clothes everything personal in my room I am short $170 out of 350 this month because of medical and not having a job this gentleman also went to the hospital for psychotic episodes that he had hallucinating zombies and cameras in the vents that he tore up the whole house now he just text me and told me that since I can't pay today that he was changing the locks and I will have to come and get my stuff whenever it's convenient for him he is locking me out of my house also I am working right now just to pay him what I owe him and now he's making me pay for it I don't know what frame of mind he is in and I don't know what I can do? And I am not on the rental agreement it's only on his name

paul40

Help

I just posted about my roommate throwing me out because of late payment of rent which I gave him already $180 of 350 I told him 170 I am working right now just to pay him off so I don't have to hear it but he after 6 months of not having any kind of receipt of paying rent I have to end up getting thrown out he told me he's changing the locks and not let a man what can I do

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona
I have been in a rental situation with a roommate that I just met about six months ago I have been paying $350 in rent every month without receipts but I have all of my belongings and my clothes everything personal in my room I am short $170 out of 350 this month because of medical and not having a job this gentleman also went to the hospital for psychotic episodes that he had hallucinating zombies and cameras in the vents that he tore up the whole house now he just text me and told me that since I can't pay today that he was changing the locks and I will have to come and get my stuff whenever it's convenient for him he is locking me out of my house also I am working right now just to pay him what I owe him and now he's making me pay for it I don't know what frame of mind he is in and I don't know what I can do? And I am not on the rental agreement it's only on his name
Your roommate needs to follow the LL/Tenant laws for your state. YOU need to pay your rent.

paul40

I am it of town now wrkn to get him his money? I paid him half already and i have been telling him everything? He is like. A child that writes notes and put them on my bathroom mirror? I just want to know what I do if it changes the locks and doesn't let me know what legal rights do I have in there

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">