• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help in making a decison

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nammal

Hi,

I moved out from NY to NC 6 months ago. During that time I broke my lease agreement with my landlord (there was only 2 more months left on the lease agreement). After that I haven’t heard anything from them. Last week my previous employer called me and mentioned that an attorney office is trying to collect my contact information, they only got my phone number and email id. So they didn’t give any information.
What will the attorney office do next? Do they try to freeze my bank account or so? What should do in such a situation? I am new to the legal area. So please give your valuable advices. I am thinking about contacting this attorney to ask about the details. Is it a good idea to do so?

Thanks
Nammal

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I suggest you try to contact the prior residence and find out what you owe. Then, pay it.
Ignoring your debts will bite you in the end...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">