• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Carol Longoria

I live in the state of California, and all this happened in California.
Help, My husband was part of a "verbal agreement" and was a partner in a property purchase. He worked for his foster fathers business and was paid cash but only $100 per week. This was the same for the other 3 partners in the purchase. The other part of the "pay" was used to pay the property payment. Since then the foster father purchase more properties. The whole thing is that the other partners have either died or are no longer part of the family. All the property has been put in one sons name, although that son is now deceased. I need to know if we have any recourse to attach the property to get some of our money back? One piece of property was sold and we were told that we would be reimbursed our share, but that has never happened. Since this was all verbal, do I even have a case?
Can a deceased person hold the title to property? If so, shouldn't he be on the loan? The loans are still in the fathers name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">