• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need help received lis pendens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BAS

What is the name of your state? Florida:

Help I need advice. ASAP. I am going to be served with a lis pendens that is 36 pages long. My ex is claiming money that was gifted as downpayment which I realized must be repayed and always wanted to repay. But the shocker is.... He says the property I took which belongs to me and was taken out with his permission is his. (however, my mother and sister where both there as witnesses that I took only what was mine with his permission he followed me to every room and would not leave me alone), and then he made up $9,000 worth of lies that I took other stuff I never did. He claims my belongings are his and that I took them without his permission and states a long list from money to jewlery I took that I did not, he is lying. He changed all the locks on the house and locked every door inside. I never went there alone and only when he allowed me in the home. I have found only a few receipts as most of my stuff was purchased over five years ago, and how do I prove it is mine? I have it all now. Can the police come and take it from me?
I know he cannot prove it is his because it is mine, and half of the stuff he is claiming is lies, I don't have it. He is trying to get money for his jewlery saying I took it and I swear I did not. He made up a whole bunch of stuff 36 pages long.

The thing is when I left the house two years ago he refused to let me take my stuff out and threatened me to sign over the house, then he would give me my stuff. I told him first I get my stuff and then we talk about the house but first I want my stuff. He changed all the locks and locked every door in the house.
We have been fighting over this since July 2000 unitl
January 2002 when I told him I want my stuff now then we will discuss the signing of the house but only after my stuff was out. Well he still refused to give me anything and wanted me sign the house over and get nothing, we could not agree. I offered to pay him his downpayment back, sell the house and split the profits back two years go. He refusing stating I will sell it for less than payed just so I get nothing. He will make sure I do not get a dime. When he refused even $5,000 I the realized the property was worth $50,000 more than we paid. So then I gave him and option to buy it for 118,000. We paid 129,000. That made it so I get my equity which is less than half. Well he really did not like that and refused, of course. Then I told him I was going to evict him and sell the property because I had another buyer. I gave him several notices to vacate but of course he did not. However, I got a buyer and was ready to close when he found out and stopped the sale with the lis pendens.

He has extorted me with topless naked pictures of myself. He made up copies of several pictures like flyers and wrote something terrible, like I will do it for beer, on it. He had a whole stack of copies and told me he was going to put them on all the cars at my job which is a resturant and that he was also going to put them on the internet . I took a couple of the flyers and have them as evidence. He has all the original pictures and refused to give them to me. I have filed a report that he took my credit card for Lowes and over the past two years charged up $700. He took the card out of the mail and has been using it. So I am turning him for credit card theft. This man is trying to destroy my life at all costs since I left for him because he was abusive and he is still out to get me and obviously now is succeeding. I realize he wants his downpayment back but he wants me to have absolutely nothing. Can he do this since I was only in living there for three months? Don't I have some kind of profit from this property even though I did not put any money down and he used my credit only to destroy it. It was my job and my credit that got the house. That is worth something and for all this harrassment and abuse, I should be entitled to something from my home even though it seems It is all against me.

Do I have a chance to get my home back to sell it before they forclose due to the fact he stopped making the payments and will not leave the home. I can not pay my rent where I am living and the mortgage as I have twins on the way. I may have to file bankruptcy, does this discharge a lis pendens, if I lose the house and file bankruptcy do I still have to be indebted to this and go to court or will the court hold the forclosure due to the dispute. Because I cannot pay it now and they only let it go a couple of months of nonpayment before forclosing and this ligitation could takes months. I want to just pay him his downpayment and get him out of my house. I do not feel since he destoyed my credit with every month late, that he should be entitled to mortgage paid or equity, and I certainly do not want to pay him for these lies another $9,000 for my own belongings. How can I prove it without the receipts?

Whatever they decide I owe I do not care I just want him out of my house. Do I have any chance to win this case at all and get my house back and him out of my life, thats all I want? Just get him out...... Help. Do I have a chance in court with this information of extortion? Can I be held for theft of my own belongings. I need help... As soon as possible. I do not have a whole lot of money for an attorney. I need some advice ASAP....
Help...... What if I make a settlement offer and he refuses, I know he will because I have already tried everything before it came to this... and if i lose this case I will have to pay all his attorneys fees. I will am not disputing the downpayment I agree I own him this, but is he still entitled to other money with all that he has done to me to get me to sign over this home to him.

HomeGuru

BAS said:
What is the name of your state? Florida:

Help I need advice. ASAP. I am going to be served with a lis pendens that is 36 pages long. My ex is claiming money that was gifted as downpayment which I realized must be repayed and always wanted to repay. But the shocker is.... He says the property I took which belongs to me and was taken out with his permission is his. (however, my mother and sister where both there as witnesses that I took only what was mine with his permission he followed me to every room and would not leave me alone), and then he made up $9,000 worth of lies that I took other stuff I never did. He claims my belongings are his and that I took them without his permission and states a long list from money to jewlery I took that I did not, he is lying. He changed all the locks on the house and locked every door inside. I never went there alone and only when he allowed me in the home. I have found only a few receipts as most of my stuff was purchased over five years ago, and how do I prove it is mine? I have it all now. Can the police come and take it from me?
I know he cannot prove it is his because it is mine, and half of the stuff he is claiming is lies, I don't have it. He is trying to get money for his jewlery saying I took it and I swear I did not. He made up a whole bunch of stuff 36 pages long.

The thing is when I left the house two years ago he refused to let me take my stuff out and threatened me to sign over the house, then he would give me my stuff. I told him first I get my stuff and then we talk about the house but first I want my stuff. He changed all the locks and locked every door in the house.
We have been fighting over this since July 2000 unitl
January 2002 when I told him I want my stuff now then we will discuss the signing of the house but only after my stuff was out. Well he still refused to give me anything and wanted me sign the house over and get nothing, we could not agree. I offered to pay him his downpayment back, sell the house and split the profits back two years go. He refusing stating I will sell it for less than payed just so I get nothing. He will make sure I do not get a dime. When he refused even $5,000 I the realized the property was worth $50,000 more than we paid. So then I gave him and option to buy it for 118,000. We paid 129,000. That made it so I get my equity which is less than half. Well he really did not like that and refused, of course. Then I told him I was going to evict him and sell the property because I had another buyer. I gave him several notices to vacate but of course he did not. However, I got a buyer and was ready to close when he found out and stopped the sale with the lis pendens.

He has extorted me with topless naked pictures of myself. He made up copies of several pictures like flyers and wrote something terrible, like I will do it for beer, on it. He had a whole stack of copies and told me he was going to put them on all the cars at my job which is a resturant and that he was also going to put them on the internet . I took a couple of the flyers and have them as evidence. He has all the original pictures and refused to give them to me. I have filed a report that he took my credit card for Lowes and over the past two years charged up $700. He took the card out of the mail and has been using it. So I am turning him for credit card theft. This man is trying to destroy my life at all costs since I left for him because he was abusive and he is still out to get me and obviously now is succeeding. I realize he wants his downpayment back but he wants me to have absolutely nothing. Can he do this since I was only in living there for three months? Don't I have some kind of profit from this property even though I did not put any money down and he used my credit only to destroy it. It was my job and my credit that got the house. That is worth something and for all this harrassment and abuse, I should be entitled to something from my home even though it seems It is all against me.

Do I have a chance to get my home back to sell it before they forclose due to the fact he stopped making the payments and will not leave the home. I can not pay my rent where I am living and the mortgage as I have twins on the way. I may have to file bankruptcy, does this discharge a lis pendens, if I lose the house and file bankruptcy do I still have to be indebted to this and go to court or will the court hold the forclosure due to the dispute. Because I cannot pay it now and they only let it go a couple of months of nonpayment before forclosing and this ligitation could takes months. I want to just pay him his downpayment and get him out of my house. I do not feel since he destoyed my credit with every month late, that he should be entitled to mortgage paid or equity, and I certainly do not want to pay him for these lies another $9,000 for my own belongings. How can I prove it without the receipts?

Whatever they decide I owe I do not care I just want him out of my house. Do I have any chance to win this case at all and get my house back and him out of my life, thats all I want? Just get him out...... Help. Do I have a chance in court with this information of extortion? Can I be held for theft of my own belongings. I need help... As soon as possible. I do not have a whole lot of money for an attorney. I need some advice ASAP....
Help...... What if I make a settlement offer and he refuses, I know he will because I have already tried everything before it came to this... and if i lose this case I will have to pay all his attorneys fees. I will am not disputing the downpayment I agree I own him this, but is he still entitled to other money with all that he has done to me to get me to sign over this home to him.
**A: why are you starting a new thread on this same subject that both Halket and myself spent some time on helping you?
In fact, this new thread is even longer than the first and contains numerous issues that are not related to real estate law. This is not a Dear Abby forum. In addition, the issues of fraudulent use of your Lowes credit card and nudie photos of you on flyers stating "will do it for beer" has no relevance to your real estate problems.
BTW, what kind of beer?

B

BAS

This is not a joke

What kind of law advice is that....sounds to me like you can relate to extortion.... I'm sure those kinds of remarks are not from anyone with any legal background, obviously you have no relevant advice to give here. What can anyone expect for free advice? Not much! I sure am glad your not my attorney.... obviously I'd have more problems than I already do.
This is a serious matter and not a joke.

S

sahmiam

i'm not a lawyer and i have no legal advice to offer you. That said, the bottom line of the matter does seem to me that you want to make alot of money for basically 3 months of effort - albeit strained effort on your part. You have received legal advice here and you didn't like what you heard, so you started a new thread. Sorry darlin, life isn't that simple. i'm looking at several years in a home without holding legal title, somewhere around 35-40K in capital improvements on the home and may end up with nada. If it's to be, so be it and i'll chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned. Life ain't all peaches and cream, but it's the peaches and cream that help make the sour cream, yoghurt. And quit giving the folks, that are here to help the rest of us, a hard time.

HomeGuru

sahmiam said:
i'm not a lawyer and i have no legal advice to offer you. That said, the bottom line of the matter does seem to me that you want to make alot of money for basically 3 months of effort - albeit strained effort on your part. You have received legal advice here and you didn't like what you heard, so you started a new thread. Sorry darlin, life isn't that simple. i'm looking at several years in a home without holding legal title, somewhere around 35-40K in capital improvements on the home and may end up with nada. If it's to be, so be it and i'll chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned. Life ain't all peaches and cream, but it's the peaches and cream that help make the sour cream, yoghurt. And quit giving the folks, that are here to help the rest of us, a hard time.
**A: good response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">