• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Help - U.S. Treasury looking for Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

plockney

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I am in big trouble. My house which was a USDA Farmer's Home was about to be auctioned. The house was bought in 1981 and I borrowed $42,800. I paid on it for almost 20 years. I received a letter from a local Real Estate Agent who wanted to buy my home via a short sale. I agreed to sell it and Farmers Home agreed to the selling price of $89,000. He told me that any balance I owed after the short sale would be forgiven by the USDA, he deals with them all the time. I agreed. The house was sold and now the U.S. Dept. of Treasury is looking for $66,000.00 from me. I don't know what to do. There is no way I can pay even a portion of this. I called the U.S. Dept. of Treasury to tell them I can't pay them, they told me to seek Legal Advise and call them back. What are my options? Thank you for any help you can give me.

HomeGuru

plockney said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
I am in big trouble. My house which was a USDA Farmer's Home was about to be auctioned. The house was bought in 1981 and I borrowed $42,800. I paid on it for almost 20 years. I received a letter from a local Real Estate Agent who wanted to buy my home via a short sale. I agreed to sell it and Farmers Home agreed to the selling price of $89,000. He told me that any balance I owed after the short sale would be forgiven by the USDA, he deals with them all the time. I agreed. The house was sold and now the U.S. Dept. of Treasury is looking for $66,000.00 from me. I don't know what to do. There is no way I can pay even a portion of this. I called the U.S. Dept. of Treasury to tell them I can't pay them, they told me to seek Legal Advise and call them back. What are my options? Thank you for any help you can give me.

**A: I believe that you do not have the correct story.
Post the numbers on how the $66K was arrived at.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">