• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need wordage for 'right of way' document

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stymied seller

North Carolina "I own a house and five surrounding acres in North Carolina. When I purchased this property, almost 8 years ago, the seller, my neighbor, never indicated that my driveway crosses approximately 10 feet of her property to reach the street and last year, when I tried to sell my property she blocked the sale by denying the buyer access.

This is the only access to my house.

Is it possible for someone to guide me in preparation of a legally binding document that I might present her and convince her to sign which would establish the said access? Also, is it true that 'de facto' access or right of way is established through usage? And if so does that access not 'belong' to the property?

Thank you for your assistance. :)

N

NoJustice

Easement of Necessity

Try doing a search for Easement of Necessity or Implied Easement. If this ROW is your only access to your property you might be able to convince the neighbor by showing them some of the information you'll turn up.

Doing these searches should take you to some of the legal websites. They will not give you the wording.. for that you'll be best served by hiring a lawyer. It is very easy to make errors in this type of situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">