• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor asking for an easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mikegreynolds

I own a rental property in OHIO with off-street parking. My neighbor is losing his off-street parking to a road project by the city. He is asking to use my approach. However, even with using my approach he really has no place to park cars without parking over into my driveway. Can I sell him the use of the approach? Do I have to carry add'l liability if I do?

HomeGuru

Contact a real estate attorney. You should not sell but rather give an easement. Why would he need the approrach anyway if there is no room for parking but in part of your driveway? Do you want cars parked partially in your driveway? Will the City zoning and building ordinances allow that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">