• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor Going Beyond Right of Way

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dduhamel

I live in Massachusetts and I have a deeded 8 foot right of way through my property for my neighbor to have access to his property. The neighbor wants to pave the right of way. He had a surveyor come and mark out the property. The neighbor wants to pave beyond the surveyor's markings of the right of way to expand access to 12-16 feet across so he can put two cars side by side there.

I told him I do not want any more than the 8 feet across paved. If he has a contractor pave more than the eight feet or just completely ignores the surveyed markings, do I have any recourse and is there any way to legally stop him from paving?

HomeGuru

He must follow the boundaries as set forth in the ROW document. If he goes beyond the boundary lines, he will be trespassing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">