• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NEIGHBOR HARASSMENT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marcidonovan

I am soooooo frustrated. I have the neighbor from hell living next to me. I live in a condo complex, and since day one have been harassed by this neighbor. Everytime I go swimming she comes out to comment on something from what I'm wearing to noise, to the time I am swimming. I have abided by all the rules and regulations, but she still seems to have a problem. She has even gone as far as insulting me in front of my 2 daughters. The other day I went swimming with my husband and she called the cops on us. We were swimming and she came out twice, first to tell us to lower the noise, so we did even though there are no signs regarding the noise level. Second to stop playing so much in the pool, I told her thank you for being so concerned and good night. She said I shouldn't even be in the pool. It was 6:30pm and the pool hours are till 10pm. I can't tell if shes discrimintating or if shes just miserable with her life. I have tried to ignore her and respond to her ignorance, but neither seems to be working. To make matters worse shes on the Board of Association. Please does anyone have some advice. I am at the point where I don't even want to go swimming, but if I pay just as much as she does I have just as much right!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!

marcidonovan

Hello Homeguru,
Thank you for replying. If I put a restraining order on her don't I have to have something more on her? Because right now I feel discriminated against, but how can I prove anything.

O

oneraincloud

you should call the police and make them give you a written report every time she confronts you. this will establish a ground for you to take her to court.

B

BRANDYN

Harrassment from a trustee

HomeGuru said:
Call the cops on her for harrassment. If that doesn't work, file a TRO.
I am dealing with almost the same situation, except the neighbor next door is a trustee, who can't stand children. I have a child who is 6, and she picks at everything my child does. She even went so far to say that the place we live is not made for children, in which I found out was not true. She has also yelled at my child before, it took alot for me not to knock her out. I can't do that, she is not worth going to jail for. Please give me some advice, could I consult an attorney? You mentioned filing a TRO. What is this?

Sincerely,

Christine

HomeGuru

Re: Harrassment from a trustee

BRANDYN said:
HomeGuru said:
Call the cops on her for harrassment. If that doesn't work, file a TRO.
I am dealing with almost the same situation, except the neighbor next door is a trustee, who can't stand children. I have a child who is 6, and she picks at everything my child does. She even went so far to say that the place we live is not made for children, in which I found out was not true. She has also yelled at my child before, it took alot for me not to knock her out. I can't do that, she is not worth going to jail for. Please give me some advice, could I consult an attorney? You mentioned filing a TRO. What is this?

Sincerely,

Christine
My response: A Trustee of what, El Groucho's?
TRO is a temporary restraining order.
Everytime the Grouch yells at your chikd, call the cops.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">