• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor moved survey markers

• Thread starter Former Friendly Neighbor
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Former Friendly Neighbor

Hello, I live in Missouri and own 12 acres; my neighbor owns over 120 acres. He had his property surveyed and apparently did not like the results, as he then took it upon himself to move the survey pins in efforts to take a twenty foot strip of my property. Another neighbor saw him doing this and told us. We then had to go through the trouble of having our property surveyed (by the same surveyor) who could not believe someone would try to move the pins. My question is: what legal recourse do I have over this? Thanks in advance!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Former Friendly Neighbor:
Hello, I live in Missouri and own 12 acres; my neighbor owns over 120 acres. He had his property surveyed and apparently did not like the results, as he then took it upon himself to move the survey pins in efforts to take a twenty foot strip of my property. Another neighbor saw him doing this and told us. We then had to go through the trouble of having our property surveyed (by the same surveyor) who could not believe someone would try to move the pins. My question is: what legal recourse do I have over this? Thanks in advance!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That was not a nice thing to do. What are your damages?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">