• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor parking in front of my house.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JCaldwell

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Searched for a previous post about this problem but doesn't look like it has been addressed.
**Situation:
I have a neighbor who is parking out in the street in front of my house. There is approx 4-5 feet of frontage between the edge of her driveway and the property line (that she shares with me) and she has taken to parallel parking her daughter's car (a mid-size, 4dr sedan) on the street in front of this space. Approx 8-10 feet of her car extends over into 'my space', depending on how sloppily she parks.

I am not sure what my rights are since she is parking on the street (public property). I have asked her to move the car once before but she said she would just try to park as close to her driveway as possible. I am getting tired of seeing this junky car in front of my house. I would prefer an 'quick-fix' to the problem since I am in the military and will be deployed in a week...my wife will be left here to deal with this if it hasn't been resolved at that time.

**Questions:
Is the street in front of my property Public Property?
Do I have any rights regarding this section of street?

Should I call the police and report it?
Can I have it towed and/or impounded?
If it hasn't been moved in X days can I have it declared abandoned and removed?

Thank you.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

JCaldwell said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Searched for a previous post about this problem but doesn't look like it has been addressed.
**Situation:
I have a neighbor who is parking out in the street in front of my house. There is approx 4-5 feet of frontage between the edge of her driveway and the property line (that she shares with me) and she has taken to parking her daughter's car (a mid-size, 4dr sedan) on the street in front of this space. Approx 8-10 feet of her car extends over into 'my space', depending on how sloppily she parks.

I am not sure what my rights are since she is parking on the street (public property). I have asked her to move the car once before but she said she would just try to park as close to her driveway as possible. I am getting tired of seeing this junky car in front of my house. I would prefer an 'quick-fix' to the problem since I am in the military and will be deployed in a week...my wife will be left here to deal with this if it hasn't been resolved at that time.

**Questions:
Is the street in front of my property Public Property?
Do I have any rights regarding this section of street?

Should I call the police and report it?
Can I have it towed and/or impounded?
If it hasn't been moved in X days can I have it declared abandoned and removed?

Thank you.

My response:

It's a public street and curb. You have no rights in this matter. She can park her car wherever she wants.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">