• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor rental properties in disrepair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackisto

I live in Minnesota and own my home. The two properties to the south of mine are rental properties with the same owner. Both homes and yards are in complete disrepair; both need new roofs. The house immediately next door has wood siding that's falling off in places and is in bad need of paint; there are windows boarded and covered in plastic that's flapping in the wind; my boyfriend has been inside and described it as a pit. The other house doesn't even have siding and has been wrapped in that house wrap material for what other neighbors report has been the past two years with no progress made to complete the work.

I don't really think I have any control or options with this, but thought I would ask in case the fact that it's a rental property changes anything.

Thanks in advance!
Jacki

HomeGuru

I agree. I guess the property is not part of a HOA. Also write to the property owner and ask for some attention.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">