• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor seriously harassing me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

clemlc38

I have currently lived at my present apartment for about 4years, proir to this I lived on a different floor (therefore I have lived in my building for about 24 years). Once I moved into my new apartment (the i have resided in for almost 8years now)about a year after moving in my neighbor under me (# 705)has been calling the police and security on me for years. In the beginning (first time the day after christmas in 1997, not really certain on they year)when the police arrived to my house about 2:00am (by ponding on my door extremely loud), me and my 4year-old daughter where sound a sleep, that they recieved a call from my neighbor stating there was a loud party going on (needless to say the found out it wasn't true, but not to mention they woke up my daughter). THis has been going on for years now. I have tried EVERYTHING! I had a meeting with my attorney, landlord, and the tenant (oh, did I mention she is elderly, yeah and not to metion she swears I don't live in the apartment but some little boy does, only people in the apartment is me and my 4 year-old daughter), I went to the police station bagging them to stop coming to my house all times of the hour, I've place an order of protection, the landlord has tried to evict her but she refuses to leave, we have been to court and the judge to her not to do it again (which she stop for a year but now it is starting again), and I have tried to talk to her personally (wrong move just made the situation worse), she then sent the drug police to my house who wanted to search my house (which I let them and they found nothing and apologize, all infront of my child). Needless to say the story is longer then this, but I need some SERIOUS advice as to what I can do? I have talked to serveral attorneys, I feel that because she is elderly everyone sides with her, but where is help for the young single mother being harassed? WHat should I do, please don't say move because I can't afford to, and please don't tell me its up to the landlord to evict her because that's not working (claims his hands are tied). I need some REAL advice, should I look into a civil harassment suit, or what Please I need just some GOOD advice on how to handle this situation? Please Somebody!?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by clemlc38:
I have currently lived at my present
apartment for about 4years, proir to this
I lived on a different floor (therefore I
have lived in my building for about 24
years). Once I moved into my new
apartment (the i have resided in for
almost 8years now)about a year after
moving in my neighbor under me (# 705)has
been calling the police and security on
me for years. In the beginning (first
time the day after christmas in 1997, not
really certain on they year)when the
police arrived to my house about 2:00am
(by ponding on my door extremely loud),
me and my 4year-old daughter where sound
a sleep, that they recieved a call from
my neighbor stating there was a loud
party going on (needless to say the found
out it wasn't true, but not to mention
they woke up my daughter). THis has been
going on for years now. I have tried
EVERYTHING! I had a meeting with my
attorney, landlord, and the tenant (oh,
did I mention she is elderly, yeah and
not to metion she swears I don't live in
the apartment but some little boy does,
only people in the apartment is me and my
4 year-old daughter), I went to the
police station bagging them to stop
coming to my house all times of the hour,
I've place an order of protection, the
landlord has tried to evict her but she
refuses to leave, we have been to court
and the judge to her not to do it again
(which she stop for a year but now it is
starting again), and I have tried to talk
to her personally (wrong move just made
the situation worse), she then sent the
drug police to my house who wanted to
search my house (which I let them and
they found nothing and apologize, all
infront of my child). Needless to say
the story is longer then this, but I need
some SERIOUS advice as to what I can do?
I have talked to serveral attorneys, I
feel that because she is elderly everyone
sides with her, but where is help for the
young single mother being harassed? WHat
should I do, please don't say move
because I can't afford to, and please
don't tell me its up to the landlord to
evict her because that's not working
(claims his hands are tied). I need some
REAL advice, should I look into a civil
harassment suit, or what Please I need
just some GOOD advice on how to handle
this situation? Please
Somebody!?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This question has already been asked by you and answered by IAAL. This is a case of double posting here. If you want additional information please go to www.attorneypages.com Anyone else that responds can post on the other twin.

[This message has been edited by HomeGuru (edited May 27, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">