• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor walk dog on my rightaway and doesnt scoop the poop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

what the heck

I need some advice and any will be appreciated. I have a neighbor who lives across the street from my house and she always walks her dog on the rightaway on my property , she doesnt pick up her dogs # 2 , when she saw my husband cleaning up that area of the yard she said," oh this is your property I thought this belongs to the town by right of way " my question is does she have a right to walk her dog there and leave dog doodles on my properties rightaway.I really dont want to get on bad terms any of my neigbors,especially this neighbor because she already sued her next door neigbor and lost , I just want to avoid any agravation and enjoy my yard.What are my rights with regard to rightaways.I cant believe I have such an inconsiderate neigbor at this point I can only toss the poo back to her side of the road because I dont want my yard to smell . I live in NYS in the town of Patterson .

W

what the heck

:) Thanks for the advice,LOL . But I dont want to call the police over dog poo, I guess I will have to continue doing the old poo toss,until she gets tired of having her dog crap toss back in front of her drivaway. My real estate agent told me that if she makes an issue of the whole thing that I should just ask her for papers stateing that she has a right to the right away on my property , in any case i will be getting a dog this spring for my son and maybe I will walk it and allow it to poo in her right away and see how she feels about that. I know it seems silly but this whole dog poo thing is really pissing me off, geeze.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">