• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighborhood Associations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Happy-Hunter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

My wife and I just bought a house, We were never told of any Association , We do not pay any fee's. and there was no mention of it in our paperwork when we bought the house. I have heard there is a neighborhood assoiciation and I am wondering. What legal right do they really have to tell me what I can do / have on my property as long as it is legal as far as county regulations go. ie: putting up a fence, shed, parking a camper on a driveway on the side of the house ,,,, etc, ALL of which is legal by St. Charles County reg.'s. I have been told stories of how they had put a lein on a widows house because she had a table and chair with a glass of ice tea {replaced daily} in homage to her dead husband, they fined her for it,:eek: then put a lein on her house when she did not pay. Is this legal ?:mad: and HOW can they do this ?? :mad:

PLEASE contact me ASAP,,,,,

[email protected]

FarmerJ

Do you have the name of the firm who did the title work for the purchase of your home ? If there really is a HOA with restrictions tied to the title of the home it must be recorded somewhere in the title work for the home. IF all else fails perhaps you will have to arrange to bring copies of every thing to a real estate atty to have her/him review for you.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

My wife and I just bought a house, We were never told of any Association , We do not pay any fee's. and there was no mention of it in our paperwork when we bought the house. I have heard there is a neighborhood assoiciation and I am wondering. What legal right do they really have to tell me what I can do / have on my property as long as it is legal as far as county regulations go. ie: putting up a fence, shed, parking a camper on a driveway on the side of the house ,,,, etc, ALL of which is legal by St. Charles County reg.'s. I have been told stories of how they had put a lein on a widows house because she had a table and chair with a glass of ice tea {replaced daily} in homage to her dead husband, they fined her for it,:eek: then put a lein on her house when she did not pay. Is this legal ?:mad: and HOW can they do this ?? :mad:

PLEASE contact me ASAP,,,,,

[email protected]

**A: review your title and report and tell us if there are recorded CC&R's and what the date of recording was.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">