• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor's bushes on my property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bjmahan

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I've lived in my current house for the past 5 years, and have lived next to a house that is rented and has bushes growing on about 3 to 4 feet of our property. It's a hedge, and doesn't bother us, but we need to know the proper paperwork needed to state that we do not intend to "give up" that property, and want the right to remove those bushes at anytime. Any help with this situation would be helpful ASAP, due to the need to remove the bushes during this summer season.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

bjmahan said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I've lived in my current house for the past 5 years, and have lived next to a house that is rented and has bushes growing on about 3 to 4 feet of our property. It's a hedge, and doesn't bother us, but we need to know the proper paperwork needed to state that we do not intend to "give up" that property, and want the right to remove those bushes at anytime. Any help with this situation would be helpful ASAP, due to the need to remove the bushes during this summer season.

My response:

You don't have the right to remove bushes that emminate from your neighbor's property. However, that portion of the bush/hedge that grows on and over to your side of the property line is for you to trim UP TO your property line - - and at your expense. You don't need any special paperwork.

Removal of the bushes during the summer season is up to the owner of the house, not you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">