• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors Motion Light

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nick2

My mother lives in Cook County, Illinois. My mother has a neighbor with a motion light. The light constantly goes off when my mother is in her own yard. She has tried talking to the neighbor, explaining to her how it goes off all the time and that my mother cannot enjoy sitting in her yard in the evening. The neighbor replied that she must think of hersef and not my mother. My mother then called the town and put in a complaint. The town has come out twice, but nothing has been done. My mother is 70 and this is causing her much distress. My mother lives on a low income and cannot afford to put up a privacy fence. It would cost her between $1500 to $2000 for that. I want to help her but I am not sure what steps to take. I would appreciate any advice on who to contact and where to find info on what rights my mother has. Thank you.
Nick

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nick2:
My mother lives in Cook County, Illinois. My mother has a neighbor with a motion light. The light constantly goes off when my mother is in her own yard. She has tried talking to the neighbor, explaining to her how it goes off all the time and that my mother cannot enjoy sitting in her yard in the evening. The neighbor replied that she must think of hersef and not my mother. My mother then called the town and put in a complaint. The town has come out twice, but nothing has been done. My mother is 70 and this is causing her much distress. My mother lives on a low income and cannot afford to put up a privacy fence. It would cost her between $1500 to $2000 for that. I want to help her but I am not sure what steps to take. I would appreciate any advice on who to contact and where to find info on what rights my mother has. Thank you.
Nick
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call the police and have them ask the neighbor to move the light so it does not shine towards your Moms place, change the spot to a lower wattage or install a deflector shield around the spot.
If still a problem, call the police again and have them shoot out the light.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">