• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbors Tree Fallen in My Yard

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

darrenh

What is the name of your state? NC
our neighbors tree fell over their wooden fence and is in our yard. However, if we remove the tree, we may damage her fence. The neighbors have not done anything to move this tree in 4 weeks. What can we do about this situation? What rights do we have?

HomeGuru

darrenh said:
What is the name of your state? NC
our neighbors tree fell over their wooden fence and is in our yard. However, if we remove the tree, we may damage her fence. The neighbors have not done anything to move this tree in 4 weeks. What can we do about this situation? What rights do we have?
**A: and what did your homeowners insurance agent tell you when you asked them?

D

darrenh

Why would I report this on my insurance? Turning this in on my home insurance would likely cause the premiums to go up. What I want to know is what legal action can I take to make my neighbor clean up their mess in my yard?

HomeGuru

darrenh said:
Why would I report this on my insurance? Turning this in on my home insurance would likely cause the premiums to go up. What I want to know is what legal action can I take to make my neighbor clean up their mess in my yard?
**A: ok, then take the neighbor to small claims court or start logging on your own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">