• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Construction Mess!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Colleen

My Husband and I are Building our first house, we hired very good ,local , "dependable" contractors, to dig and build the basement. They both had Plans in hand and began. After the Basement was 3/4 done, we noticed that it seemed too small. Sure enough , after measuring, it was short 4 feet X 36 feet! How do you make such a mistake? The excavator shrugged his shoulder, "Oh Well" the Masen said he would deduct $500.00 from his bill(Which is nearly 10,000!) We lost 144 square ft. in our basement and they really don't care much.
They both want the money that we owe , for the rest of the job. What rights to we have?
It is going to cost us slightly more to build our existing house planned on the smaller basement, but the lost space must be worth something.

L

loudrich

Well collen:

Time to get a LAWYER TODAY..... and stop all construction, and demand they fix it..or you will sue him for the full amount.

NO EXCUSES KID.... They have the plans and
its not done according to it. They are Liable

-------------------------------

UOTE]Originally posted by Colleen:
My Husband and I are Building our first house, we hired very good ,local , "dependable" contractors, to dig and build the basement. They both had Plans in hand and began. After the Basement was 3/4 done, we noticed that it seemed too small. Sure enough , after measuring, it was short 4 feet X 36 feet! How do you make such a mistake? The excavator shrugged his shoulder, "Oh Well" the Masen said he would deduct $500.00 from his bill(Which is nearly 10,000!) We lost 144 square ft. in our basement and they really don't care much.
They both want the money that we owe , for the rest of the job. What rights to we have?
It is going to cost us slightly more to build our existing house planned on the smaller basement, but the lost space must be worth something.
[/QUOTE]

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colleen:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where is the project architect/engineer? For more help go to www.hadd.com www.hobb.org

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">