• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

new home owner in MS and builder not making repairs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

start

We have lived in our new house almost 60 days and have given a list of repairs to the builder. He has only made 2 repairs on the list we gave him and we discovered the toilets were loose and that he had wedged plastic and coins under them. I spoke with some contractors and they said he should. remove the tile floor and level the foundation and replace the tile and the floor. He keeps giving us dates and then canceling or not showing up. We feel we are being blown off. What is a reasonable amount of time to wait? He has built 6 houses on my street and they all gave up on getting this man to do anything. I also have a 2/10 warrenty and we found things he also didn't disclose. What about the stuff he did disclose and now is putting off. We thought it would be within the first couple of weeks, now I think it will never be fixed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">