• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Lawn?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

qwnbrat

I live in CA. My landlord sent a letter stating "As I told you a couple months ago, you will need to pay to have a new grass installed", reason why he stated that is that the grass is dying. I have lived in this home for about 4 months now. When I moved in the grass was close to dying...I never signed a contract stating I would put new grass in...he's got to be crazy. Where does he get off saying I need to put new grass in? Am I responsible in anyway???

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by qwnbrat:
I live in CA. My landlord sent a letter stating "As I told you a couple months ago, you will need to pay to have a new grass installed", reason why he stated that is that the grass is dying. I have lived in this home for about 4 months now. When I moved in the grass was close to dying...I never signed a contract stating I would put new grass in...he's got to be crazy. Where does he get off saying I need to put new grass in? Am I responsible in anyway???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Unless specified in the Rental Agreement, a landowner is the only person responsible for maintenance of his/her land. Now, if he wants to reimburse you, viz-a-viz a signed and dated writing, and you are willing, then there would be no problem.

Your landlord is in space, somewhere. Why not make you responsible for making you add and pay for that new addition to the home too, while he's at it? How about a new block wall or two? What about re-roofing the place? And the list keeps going . . .

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">