• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New laws in the city of West Valley City, Utah

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RMontoya

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
I have two sheds that I had built 14 years ago, and 7 years ago. Now our city says they need to be moved, or removed. How do I get around this new law? I own my house, and the property that my house, and sheds are on.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Utah
I have two sheds that I had built 14 years ago, and 7 years ago. Now our city says they need to be moved, or removed. How do I get around this new law? I own my house, and the property that my house, and sheds are on.
**A: are you in violation of the zoning and yard setback requirements?

rowz

see a local real estate attorney and ask them if a claim of a "pre-exsising, non conforming use" would entail.

Before that however, I would go and read this new ordinanace and see what it may have to say about pre-exising uses that are non-conforming.

Do not just trust what you are told by the town, even if they have put it in writing.
Go read the new ordinance....all of it and if needed get anattorney to explain it to you.

I have successfully held our town at bay with 3 similar issues over the past 25 years.

RMontoya

I am having a hard time finding anything that relates to pre-exhisting clauses. They just passed the ordinance, and it goes into affect on the 31st of August. I have been down to the mayor's office, and he said that it was a blanket law that makes nobody exempt. "There is nothing I can do", he tells me.
If you have any resources that might point me in the direction of pre-exhisting laws or clauses that will help me show this mayor there is something that can be done, I would greatly appreciate it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">