• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Road, Lost Parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seneca

What is the name of your state? New York

The road in front of one of my rental units is being rebuilt. Yesterday, they installed the curb and low and behold, they've completely eliminated the two parking spots in front of my building. They also determined that the small driveway(on my property) was illegal and poured the curb in front of that, also.
Both my tenants informed me thay they are moving out as soon as possible. One lady is 73 years old and doesn't care to have parking on the other side of a well traveled roadway over 100 yards away. The other tenant has a storefront along with his apt. and his customers will have to park some distance away and he feels his buisness will suffer.
I've spoken to the mayor and my Senator and both seem to feel that nothing can be done. Any suggestions? HELP!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">