• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Roof leaking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nancy Carney

In early May I had my roof replaced. This weekend, after heavy rains, my drapery rod fell off and water poured from the hole. The roofers will repair the leak today. Are they responsible for any inside damage? There was no visible sign of a leak. Had a curtain rod not been there I wouldn't have known about the leak for quite sometime. Can I make them pay for an outside inspector to make sure there are no other invisible leak? Please help!

T

Tracey

You can sue them for the inside damage, since their negligent workmanship was the direct & only cause of the leak. Tell the roofers that you want them to pay for an inspector to look at the roof & determine if there are any other leaks. If they balk, just hire your own inspector & add the costs to your lawsuit.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">