• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

no 60 day notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdentler

Hi. I live in Georgia, and my apartment lease is up October 28th. I did not give a 60 notice which is stated in the lease agreement. I called today to tell them I was moving, and they said I had to give my 60 notice now and stay/pay another two months. Do I owe them another two months even if the lease has expired? If I go month to month, can't I give a 30 day Nov 1 and be out the end of Nov, only stay/pay for one month instead of two?

thanks

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdentler:
Hi. I live in Georgia, and my apartment lease is up October 28th. I did not give a 60 notice which is stated in the lease agreement. I called today to tell them I was moving, and they said I had to give my 60 notice now and stay/pay another two months. Do I owe them another two months even if the lease has expired? If I go month to month, can't I give a 30 day Nov 1 and be out the end of Nov, only stay/pay for one month instead of two?

thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have not read the specifc law but generally no notice to vacate need be given upon expiration of a fixed lease. If you agreed to give the 60 day notice and failed to do so, you may be liable to L.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">