• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Parking on street in Mobile Home Community

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rebeccabrady

A large company took over ownership of our mobile home park 2 years ago. The tenants now are responsible for paying for trash pick up and sewer charges. Tenants were upset by this additional charge as prior to new ownership the charges were included in pad rental.
Many mobile homes have than 2 licensed drivers residing in the home. The new owners are now not allowing cars to be parked on the street and have not furnished additional parking for tenants.The threat is to have cars parked on the street towed. There are no "NO Parking" signs posted other than for the fire lanes in the park.
My question is, eventhough this is considered private property, as we rent pad space,can the owner have cars towed?
This is in the state of Missouri.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rebeccabrady:

A large company took over ownership of our mobile home park 2 years ago. The tenants now are responsible for paying for trash pick up and sewer charges. Tenants were upset by this additional charge as prior to new ownership the charges were included in pad rental.
Many mobile homes have than 2 licensed drivers residing in the home. The new owners are now not allowing cars to be parked on the street and have not furnished additional parking for tenants.The threat is to have cars parked on the street towed. There are no "NO Parking" signs posted other than for the fire lanes in the park.
My question is, eventhough this is considered private property, as we rent pad space,can the owner have cars towed?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THe owner can have cars towed but check with your State traffic division. Most states allow towing on private property but there must be a conspicous sign that states "No parking, tow away zone" and the name of the towing company and the address of where the vehicle will be towed to must be stated on the sign.

P

Prairielaw

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rebeccabrady:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Boy, mobile home law is not something I run across much with questions on the net. I was hoping to find something on your state site about the agency governing mobile homes - usually the dept of transpiration but found nothing helpful as far as anyone to contact.

I would think the new owner would be bound by any prior contracts with the mobile home owners. If there are no contracts the new owner may be free to change things. The parking restriction sounds harsh though.

If there is a number of people facing the problem, why not pool a few dollars and call a local real estate lawyer. You may be able to get the info you need pretty inexpensively.

Other alternative would be contacting law school in your state and see if they have a legal clinic which could help.

Law on, Kevin

------------------
Kevin O'Keefe
Founder & Fearless Community Leader
Prairielaw.com
"More people helping people with the law than anywhere."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">