• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No-resident Alien Buying a house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chopsticks

What is the name of your state? CA
Is it possible for a non-resident Alien to buy a house? My relatives live next to a house that is for sale. They offered to be caretakers of the house if I do indeed get it. If so, is there any downside to this.

Tahnk You.

HomeGuru

chopsticks said:
What is the name of your state? CA
Is it possible for a non-resident Alien to buy a house?

**A: yes.

My relatives live next to a house that is for sale. They offered to be caretakers of the house if I do indeed get it. If so, is there any downside to this.

Tahnk You.
**A: downside to what? Your relatives being caretakers or you a non-resident alien buying the property?
And why do you speculate that there will be a downside? Would the caretakers be illegal alien workers and would you be running for political office or be a political appointee in the near future?
Would you be paying these workers less than the State mandated mininum wage, forcing them to work excessive hours under third world country sweatshop conditions?

C

chopsticks

Thanks for you reply.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean the downside of my relatives. We determined that $300.00 a month out of $900.00 rent is what we decided.

The downside that I',m referring to are more on the legal/financial situation. I assume that they will get the property tax / maintaince fees on from the rent money. But I'm not sure If I'm taxed more since I'm not a citizen.

Thanks again.

HomeGuru

chopsticks said:
Thanks for you reply.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean the downside of my relatives. We determined that $300.00 a month out of $900.00 rent is what we decided.

**A: now I am confused again.

The downside that I',m referring to are more on the legal/financial situation.

**A: then you or they need to check with your own personal lawyers and CPA's.
I assume that they will get the property tax / maintaince fees on from the rent money.

**A: now I am even more confused.

But I'm not sure If I'm taxed more since I'm not a citizen.

Thanks again.

**A: of course you will be taxed more. That is the way the US makes money. By taxing residents some and aliens even more. That's why no UFO's stay here for long periods after landing. If they do they will be taxed to death.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">