• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

noisy landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slik187

ok here is the deal,my "landlord" is one noisy !@#$% and we just had a baby about 4 months ago.i have told his wife,which is my wifes sister,to please keep it down and it seems to be ignored cuz it just keeps getting louder and louder,and this also includes slamming doors,surround sound,and two kids running the marathon.one more thing i want to add to this is that our "landlord" got into a scuffle with my wife because she was trying to take the kids out of the apt. when he and his wife were arguing deeply.needless to say cops were called and nothing was done to him (she does have marks on her body and went to hospital for back pains etc) what could i do about the excessive noise and could i pursue a lawsuit against him for damages to my wife. thanx

T

Tracey

Your wife can sue L for assault & battery & should do so. Also, when L assaults T, almost every state allows T to terminate the lease on the spot & get a refund of any rent from that month & get back the security deposit. You should read your state's residential landlord tenant act to see how to give L notice of termination. You should also see how to notify L that his noise is disturbing your right of quiet enjoyment & that if he doesn't amend his behavior within 20-30 days, the lease will terminate on x/x/00. Send all communications in writing, certified, return receipt.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">