• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nonmarital home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

torib

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My boyfriend and I got a home equity line of credit together to build a house, so both our names our on the house loan but the land that the house sits on was given to him by his father. I need to know if I have any legal rights to the house and property if we were to split.

HomeGuru

torib said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

My boyfriend and I got a home equity line of credit together to build a house, so both our names our on the house loan but the land that the house sits on was given to him by his father. I need to know if I have any legal rights to the house and property if we were to split.

**A: you will have rights to the new home only since the land is solely in his name.
I see various problems with the way that you are doing things. Hire an attorney to help level your equity position.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">