• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

North Carolina: Title Search Privacy Obligations?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boraborazen

Is there an obligation (legal or ethical?) for the attorney who performs the title search to not share the title search information with others.

I'm concerned because I hired an attorney to do a title search on a property in foreclosure whose 10-day upset bid was going to expire in a few days. No one had bid on the property and then after the title search was completed and we bid almost immediately a random bid came in and upset my bid. Turns out the company that bid works very closely with this attorney and it appears that she may have shared the information on the property with that company. Now we're in a bidding war with them. So is there a legal/ethical obligation for the attorney to not share the title search with other parties?

Thank you in advance for any guidance you can give.

John Se

absolutely

absolutely an ethical issue. How will you prove it? If you auction was publically known then what?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">