• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not married but own home together

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lmartinez

Help!!! I have been with this guy for 3 1/2 years, we bought a house together now we have agreed not to be together any more. I want to know what are my legal rights to this house, I wanted to refiance so we can pay money we owe my mother and buy myself a new car, the car I have now i've had for 11 years. He won't sign anything so we can refiance and he has created a late mark on my credit, because he bounced a check and never paid for it. He is playing hard ball with me, I feel like I have no rights!

Please help!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Do you have a joint tenancy with this person? Or is it a tenancy in common?

If you do not want to sell your portion of the property, I suggest you speak with a real estate attorney in your state.

The reason is you have other possible issues/causes of action against this person: late bounced check that affected you. How did this happen and what are the precise damages you suffered?

Try attorneypages.com or contact your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">