• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NYS I purchased property with title insurance only to find out theres a lien.options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjtiger101

NYS..Hello..I purchased residential foreclosure in March 2014..It was a cash sale and my attorney supplied me with title insurance.After a 60K renovation.It was time to sell..In Sept I received an acceptable offer with tentative closing date of Nov 21 2014. the buyers attorney had found a second mortgage lien that my attorney didnt find at the time of my purchase.It also was not recorded on my title insurance..My attorney has done little since Oct to resolve this for me..and when he said "I dont know what to tell you" I figured I had better find someone to help me resolve it as he doesnt seem motvated..anyone know what my options may be?...is my attorney to blame??..I am losing $1000 a month in expenses and if this doesnt resolve soon I may lose everything..PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You should seek a consultation with a different real-estate attorney to look at all the facts in this case and advise you.

STEPHAN

You you lawyer made these mistakes you should have a different one. Also, talk to the insurance. They usually pay for a lawyer to handle the case for you.

Last edited:

John Se

The second mortgage should have been discharged at the time of the foreclosure so you may just have some procedural snafu which can be corrected.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">