• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

obtaining deposits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amya116

I live in New Jersey, I was suppose to close on my house on June 8th, it's now July 12th and I have not yet closed on my house. They are telling me one more week. On this alone can I back out of the deal and have good reason to obtain my deposit back?

T

Tracey

As HomeGuru always says, it depends on your contract. Does your contract include a "time is of the esence" clause? What's the reason for the delay? Have you found another house you like better or are you just ticked off at seller? Talk to your agent & see what s/he says.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">