• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old court case involving land patents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Josh7093

Kentucky.

My great grandfather owned land in Kentucky by deed from his brother from a 1900 deed. In 1970's my grandfather went to court in the county the land was located and lost against the mining companies of fordson coal of ford motor company and shamrock coal company. They lost because of a 1872 land patent the companies had produced. The land patent was said to be far more greater than the deed, even though my grandfather and his brothers knew they had lived on the land for generations. They also appealed and lost there too. Recently a land patent from my great great grandfather for the same land has now be discovered and is from 1870 two years prior. Thus would make it the older land patent. My question is can this case be reopened or is it a done deal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">