• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

old owner never told us he had a problem with boiler

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paulandjanet

We bought our home a little more than a year ago and since then found out after trying to get heat up to the tenants apartment and spending money doing so that the boiler that he has was not the proper boiler and that it was installed improperly. we contacted keyspan who is now going to install a new boiler for $3000.00 dollars. My question is do I have the right to sue the former owner for not telling me he had problems with the boiler and also to get back all the money i spent trying to get the old one to work and also the money for the new one? Please help me. The former owner just covered up a lot of things on this house and we have spent a lot of money repairing his coverups

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paulandjanet:
We bought our home a little more than a year ago and since then found out after trying to get heat up to the tenants apartment and spending money doing so that the boiler that he has was not the proper boiler and that it was installed improperly. we contacted keyspan who is now going to install a new boiler for $3000.00 dollars. My question is do I have the right to sue the former owner for not telling me he had problems with the boiler and also to get back all the money i spent trying to get the old one to work and also the money for the new one? Please help me. The former owner just covered up a lot of things on this house and we have spent a lot of money repairing his coverups <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, you have a right to sue for misrepresentation and non-disclosure of a material fact.
Did you get a home inspection done prior to your purchase? The inspection would have discovered the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">