• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oral Lease for life?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

ljc

I would like to know if aan oral lease for life could hold up in a court? And can anyone recommend an experienced Lawyer in Massachusetts {Essex County} I think I'm going to need one. HELP

T

Tracey

No. A transfer of a property interest must be in writing & notarized to be enforceable. A life lease could be either a lease for your life, or a life estate, depending on whether you actually pay rent or not.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

L

ljc

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracey:
No. A transfer of a property interest must be in writing & notarized to be enforceable. A life lease could be either a lease for your life, or a life estate, depending on whether you actually pay rent or not.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">