• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

over 30 years and wrong deed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CUDALIS

house purchased in new york in 1976. as of this writing,last recorded deed, shows date of 1974, between prior seller and owner. for the past 2 years, city registrar claims correction has been made. what are the ramifications, re: a loss, ie. fire, death?
is there insurable interest?

HomeGuru

Go down today and get a copy of the recorded deed that is in your name. Without proof of a deed (recorded or unrecorded) you cannot claim legal ownership. Furthermore you have no insurable interest.

C

CUDALIS

thank you for confirming what I thought. The people in question are my sister and brother inlaw. It was a fluke that I was on a site to obtain ownership info on two houses on their block that were foreclosed, because I am interested in purchasing. I proceeded to check the addresses, came across my sisters address with the name of someone else, and was shocked. My brother in law is taking this whole thing very casuallly, ( as he does everything) I have beeen trying to impress upon them the rammifications for my niece, if the two of them were to die, or even if the house were destroyed by fire. thank You.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">