• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Owner dead/ live in house bank wants to repo can I buy back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fightoflife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Owner passed away in a house that we shared there is no one paying mortgage I asked the mortgage company if I could buy it back after the repo that way it would save them money on moving the manufactured home off the property and there would be less legal fees for them at first they told me yes So I did all the paperwork sent it off to them they had an appraiser come out and I got a phone call 3 months later saying they could not do that anymore I needed to get an executor of estate, which is not possible . The manufactured home is only worth approximately $15,000 they want me to do a short sale which I have to be executor estate at 40,000 but then the got a fax facture home wouldn't still be in my name it would be in the owners which is dead. I am on the loan to talk with but not anything else, also was paying mortgage for 1 year after owner died. As soon as we decided to do the repo and I would buy it back from them I quit paying the mortgage now they want me to either catch up on the mortgage or get executor stay invite for 40,000 which is not possible what do I do ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
Owner passed away in a house that we shared there is no one paying mortgage I asked the mortgage company if I could buy it back after the repo that way it would save them money on moving the manufactured home off the property and there would be less legal fees for them at first they told me yes So I did all the paperwork sent it off to them they had an appraiser come out and I got a phone call 3 months later saying they could not do that anymore I needed to get an executor of estate, which is not possible . The manufactured home is only worth approximately $15,000 they want me to do a short sale which I have to be executor estate at 40,000 but then the got a fax facture home wouldn't still be in my name it would be in the owners which is dead. I am on the loan to talk with but not anything else, also was paying mortgage for 1 year after owner died. As soon as we decided to do the repo and I would buy it back from them I quit paying the mortgage now they want me to either catch up on the mortgage or get executor stay invite for 40,000 which is not possible what do I do ?
It seems to me that this estate needs to be properly probated.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Does the deceased man have any family? Why do you think you are somehow entitled to ownership of this home?

LdiJ

Does the deceased man have any family? Why do you think you are somehow entitled to ownership of this home?
He didn't ask to be given the home, he asked to buy it from the bank if they repo/foreclose.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">