• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ownership of land

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sar47

upon the death of my mother, i find out that the land she was paying property taxes on for 51 years is owned by the city. her house sits on this land. my mother had no idea of this during her life. the papers regarding this matter supposedly burned in a fire, according to the city. this land is in a small town in indiana. the taxes were always sent to my mother to pay. please help.

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sar47:
upon the death of my mother, i find out that the land she was paying property taxes on for 51 years is owned by the city. her house sits on this land. my mother had no idea of this during her life. the papers regarding this matter supposedly burned in a fire, according to the city. this land is in a small town in indiana. the taxes were always sent to my mother to pay. please help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You need to hire a local real estate attorney as this situation is very complex.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">