• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Painting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vicki868

In New Jersey, does the landlord have to repaint after so many years? When I moved in my apartment was only 1 yr old, but they never repainted when the old tenants moved out. Which was no real big deal, the walls where in pretty good condition. But I have lived here 4.5 yrs and the walls have no become dingy and scuffed. Some from my own fault (moving things and smoking) but nothing more than every day wear and tear. When I asked the management office, if they would repaint the apratment, they told me they only do it once you have been here 5 yrs and going on your 6th. Do they have a responsability to repaint after so many years? (New Jersey)

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vicki868:
In New Jersey, does the landlord have to repaint after so many years? When I moved in my apartment was only 1 yr old, but they never repainted when the old tenants moved out. Which was no real big deal, the walls where in pretty good condition. But I have lived here 4.5 yrs and the walls have no become dingy and scuffed. Some from my own fault (moving things and smoking) but nothing more than every day wear and tear. When I asked the management office, if they would repaint the apratment, they told me they only do it once you have been here 5 yrs and going on your 6th. Do they have a responsability to repaint after so many years? (New Jersey)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Generally it is the responsibility of the landlord to paint but in your case you should bear the cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">