• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parent died with huge bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marvel05

my mom died of heart attack and left with huge hospital bill since feb of 2012. around 80k!
We found out that her health insurance is already lapse since dec of 2011. My parents own a home but they still have mortgage payment.
After a month of her passing we received an amount of her hospital bill but we never receive anything after. My question is, Does my mom's hospital bill is already forgiven? Is the hospital waiting for something before they send us another bill? its been more than a year since we receive bill statement from the hospital.

Last edited:

Proserpina

my mom died of heart attack and left with huge hospital bill since feb of 2012. around 80k!
We found out that her health insurance is already lapse since dec of 2011. My parents own a home but they still have mortgage payment.
After a month of her passing we received an amount of her hospital bill but we never receive anything after. My question is, Does my mom's hospital bill is already forgiven? Is the hospital waiting for something before they send us another bill? its been more than a year since we receive bill statement from the hospital.

Have you tried calling the hospital?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">