• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parents' unused cemetary lots

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Marie Swartz

What is the name of your state? Florida
Through cemetary records, I recently discovered that my parents purchased two burial lots in the 1960's. They both died in the nineties, leaving no will and no deed for this property. They were cremated at their request, and the lots were not used. What do I need to do to claim ownership of these lots?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Marie Swartz said:
What is the name of your state? Florida
Through cemetary records, I recently discovered that my parents purchased two burial lots in the 1960's. They both died in the nineties, leaving no will and no deed for this property. They were cremated at their request, and the lots were not used. What do I need to do to claim ownership of these lots?
**A: call the cemetary and ask them. You may be reuired to present the death certificates and notarized affidavits.
If they are strict, they may even demand instructions from the probate court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">