• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partition to Sale Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anulife00

What is the name of your state? Virginia

My question. I have been divorced for 6 years now. At the time of my divorce I did not have a lawyer because I thought it was simple enough. However, because I did not have a lawyer I did not have anything included in my divorce papers concerning propety I shared with my ex husband "our home". Since then, that property has been in foreclosure four times. This is runing my credit and I can not come to any understanding from my ex. I have been told by a lawyer that I need to sue my ex to force a sale of the house or a buyout. I was also told the lawyer could do it for about $3,000. My question is this something I can do myself by bringing a partition action and just paying filing fees? Please help me.......

Thanks

HomeGuru

No. You screwed up twice already, don't screw up again. Hire an attorney and do things right from the get go.

A

anulife00

Okay, now that I feel like a total idiot........what will it cost me to hire a lawyer for this type of action?

A

anulife00

The question I recently posted was totally different, which required a different response. But I see someone is SOS.

HomeGuru

anulife00 said:
The question I recently posted was totally different, which required a different response. But I see someone is SOS.
**A: and what did your attorney say to do then back in July 2002 when you first posted or at anytime from then until now? You never got an attorney. That is why you came back here posting the thread that you did.
We are not asking you to get a new life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">