• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Passing Property On After Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DRN

What is the name of your state? New York State: My fiance and I are going to custom-design the home we are building. It is on 100+ acres, all undeveloped except for the house site.

We want the house to stay in her family or mine when the second of us passes on. We want to pass on the house and property with the following restrictions:

1) The house & property can be sold or given only to a member of either family;

2) The undeveloped property can never be developed or parceled out;

3) All subsequent owners must agree to keep these restrictions when property is passed from them; and

4) All subsequent receivers must forfeit ownership for violating said restrictions, with ownership reverting to direct descendent of last prior owner.

Is that possible to do in a NY deed?

HomeGuru

DRN said:
What is the name of your state? New York State: My fiance and I are going to custom-design the home we are building. It is on 100+ acres, all undeveloped except for the house site.

We want the house to stay in her family or mine when the second of us passes on. We want to pass on the house and property with the following restrictions:

1) The house & property can be sold or given only to a member of either family;

2) The undeveloped property can never be developed or parceled out;

3) All subsequent owners must agree to keep these restrictions when property is passed from them; and

4) All subsequent receivers must forfeit ownership for violating said restrictions, with ownership reverting to direct descendent of last prior owner.

Is that possible to do in a NY deed?
**A: yes, so have an attorney write the deed restrictions and record it on title.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">