• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pennsylvania Forclosure Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ameth

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
A friend has not made a mortgage payment in over 5 years. The original mortgage has been sold to numerous banks. I heard a rumor that if a bank has tried and failed to forclose - there is some kind of protection for the owner. Any truth or just wishful thinking ? Any advise - appreciated as friend is disabled with dependents - and I do not want to see them on the street.

Ameth in Philly

HomeGuru

ameth said:
What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
A friend has not made a mortgage payment in over 5 years. The original mortgage has been sold to numerous banks. I heard a rumor that if a bank has tried and failed to forclose - there is some kind of protection for the owner. Any truth or just wishful thinking ? Any advise - appreciated as friend is disabled with dependents - and I do not want to see them on the street.

Ameth in Philly
**A: sounds like an urban legend, real estate tales etc. Although in rare cases, if the lender violated Federal Law with respect to making the loan ie: violation of the Truth-In-Lending Act etc., Courts have adjudicated in favor of the mortgagor wiping out the mortgage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">