• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Permits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Denisezebra

California los angeles purchase property with permits thats had expired they did the job but the contractor who got the permits with hes license never call inspection now after 6 years im being liable for these what can i do nobody told me anything about thoes permits

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
California los angeles purchase property with permits thats had expired they did the job but the contractor who got the permits with hes license never call inspection now after 6 years im being liable for these what can i do nobody told me anything about thoes permits
I would suggest that you request for the old permits to be reactivated and have the inspector come out for a final inspection since the work is all done.

Denisezebra

The problem is since that was done back in 2011 they have to make sure my house comply with all new codes and they have to open holes and i jave to find a architect to draw my room with bathroom since the city dont have no copies its alot of money can i make the contrusctir liable for that ?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The problem is since that was done back in 2011 they have to make sure my house comply with all new codes and they have to open holes and i jave to find a architect to draw my room with bathroom since the city dont have no copies its alot of money can i make the contrusctir liable for that ?
I would try to arrange a meeting with a supervisor to see if that can be waived and if they can simply reopen the old permit.

I had a similar situation, but the permit that never got a final inspection for me was for a full garage conversion that was done about 30 years ago. After meeting with several higher-ups at the city, I was able to convince them to simply reopen the permit based on the rules in effect at the time the permit was issued with the only exception being that I was required to install an arc fault circuit interrupter breaker for the circuit supplying that room.

Denisezebra

They dont want me to reactive the permits because acording to the the job was 10 done of it meaning they only pass the base room . They took permits for all windows house ,,electricity panel.heater and plumbing whic im shock because nobody mention that to me when purchase

justalayman

if anybody other than you is liable it would be the seller. Depending on what they put on any disclosure provided you may or may not have any avenue to seek compensation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">