• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pet Restrictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

petowner

What is the name of your state? California

I am looking for a condo to buy. I have looked at several condos that state "No Pets" or "No Dogs" allowed. Isn't there a law in California that does not allow condo associations or apartment building owners to discriminate against pet owners?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

petowner said:
What is the name of your state? California

I am looking for a condo to buy. I have looked at several condos that state "No Pets" or "No Dogs" allowed. Isn't there a law in California that does not allow condo associations or apartment building owners to discriminate against pet owners?
My response:

No; and, as a matter of fact, ever since the criminal case and conviction of those two jerks that allowed their dogs to kill the San Francisco woman, Diane Whipple, and the lawsuit against the apartment owner, more and more landlords have been placing restrictions in their leases on disallowing tenants to have animals; e.g., dogs.

Sorry.

IAAL

Last edited:

HomeGuru

One of the few instances where an occupant can have a dog even in a resticted HOA association condo project is if the dog is a certified service animal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">