• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

petition to partition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bubbaloo42

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH
My boy friends mother took out a mortgage on her home that was paid off to purchase a home so her daughter and son inlaw could fix up and live in. The plan was to make the house liveable and then they would put the house with the mortgage in there names, they were to pay the payments the taxes and all other charges incurred until they switched the mortgage, they never did and they talked there mother in putting there names on the deed. They were making the payments to the bank and then they stopped, my boyfriends mothers home is now in foreclosure and we tried to get them to sign a quit claim deed so she could put the mortgage on that house but they refused, is the next process a petition to partition? Can she do it myself and can she still go after what is owed on the mortgage and other accounts from rehabing the home?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">